Delivering the promise
Our innovative shared apprenticeship scheme was established in 2010 in response to industry demand, as a way of providing construction contractors with an opportunity to meet local training obligations, and to maximise additional training opportunities for apprentices. In short, the project turns short-term opportunities into full-time apprenticeships.
Benefits to the sector
- Sector support for the development of a high quality future workforce.
- Outstanding training delivered by local FE colleges.
- Deliver employment KPI’s linked to contractual requirements.
- Flexible engagement which minimises risks to contractors and reduces administration time.
Benefits to the individual
- Guaranteed employment for the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Enhanced employment prospects because of broader experience and wider skill set.
- Access to OFSTED Grade 1 training provided by CITB and the FE Sector.
- Superb pastoral support provided by in house coaches and mentors.